Ștefan-Radu Oprea și Cecilia Malmström
As part of the Romanian Presidency of the Council of the European Union, the Informal Meeting of the Trade Ministers of the European Union will take place on February 21-22 in Bucharest, in the Royal Palace and the Palace of Parliament.
The event will be chaired by Ștefan-Radu Oprea, Minister of Business Environment, Commerce and Entrepreneurship. The meeting will be attended by Trade ministers of EU countries and by European Commissioner for Trade Cecilia Malmström.
On February 21, the informal dinner is scheduled at the Royal Palace, where Roberto Azevêdo, World Trade Organization Director General, and Bernd Lange, INTA Committee President, are invited.
On the second day, February 22, the Ministers will meet at the Palace of Parliament to exchange views on the WTO modernization process and the EU-US trade relations. The working lunch will focus on EU’s ongoing trade negotiations and recent developments related to the EU Everything but Arms initiative.
In the margins of the Meeting, during day one, there will be a EU Citizens’ Dialogue session*, organized by the EU Commission, and attended by EU Commissioner Cecilia Malmström and by Minister Ștefan-Radu Oprea. This event will be followed by a press briefing held by Director General Roberto Azevêdo and by Minister Ștefan-Radu Oprea, on the topic of the modernization process of the WTO.
- The journalists’ access to the meetings is exclusively based on the media accreditation, which is to be made on the website of the Romanian Presidency at the Council of the European Union at: https://accreditation.romania2019.eu/;
- The deadline for accreditation is 11 February 2019;
- Accreditation badges can be collected exclusively from the Palace of Parliament – the Accreditation Center of the Romanian Presidency at the EU Council, located at A3/S2 entrance (Bucharest, 2-4 Izvor St.);
- For the issue of accreditation badges, one needs to present his/her accreditation approval and a valid ID or Passport.
- MEDIA CENTER
- During the meeting, the Media Center will operate at the Palace of Parliament (Bucharest, 2-4, Izvor St.,), entrance A3/S2;
- Images from activities will be provided by the Romanian Public Television, the official broadcaster of the Romanian Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
3. PRELIMINARY MEDIA PROGRAM
Thursday, 21 February, 2019
16:10 – 17:40 EU Citizens’ Dialogue (Central University Library of Bucharest)
The event is organized by the Representation of the EU Commission in Romania. The online registration form is available here.
18:00 – 18:30 Press briefing with WTO DG Roberto Azevêdo and Minister Ștefan-Radu Oprea (Central University Library – Infoeuropa Center within the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Calea Victoriei, nr. 88, Sector 1)
For media accreditation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . The capacity of the room is limited. Access will be permitted upon confirmation, respecting the order of requests, up to the maximum capacity. The briefing will be live on www.facebook.com/MinisterIMM/
18:40 – 19:30 Guided visit of the National Museum of Art of Romania – Historical spaces of the Royal Palace **
19:30 – 21:45 Informal dinner of Trade Ministers **
Friday, 22 February, 2019
Informal Meeting of EU Trade Ministers:
09:00 – 09:45 Doorsteps
09:45 – 10:00 Handshake with the Minister for Trade
10:00 – 13:15 Working sessions **
13:15 – 13:30 Family photo
13:30 – 14:45 Working lunch **
14:45 – 15:10 Press conference by Commissioner Malmström and Minister Oprea
** These events are not open to the media, images will be available through the Media Centre.
Informal ministerial meetings are a regular practice during each Presidency of Council of the EU in order to provide the appropriate framework for a common reflection and informal exchange of views on topics of interest at European and international level.